Sunday, April 25, 2010

Public Transportation


I've flown on an airplane a couple times alone during the past couple years of my life, and every time, without fail, I am ridiculously scrupulous to a fault. From the time I enter the airport doors to when I sit in my seat on the plane, I ask directions, what I need to do, etc. literally a good 4 or 5 times.

Is this my fault? I'd like to think not. I mean, really, the systems our country has worked out to keep ''order'' when concerning public travel, it's ridiculous. You've got a thousand metal detectors to go through and a million people to show ID and tickets to at airports; poorly marked roads/highways; not to mention railway systems and bus systems.

I'm probably naive, dear reader, and you're probably reading this wondering how I can be so critical of something so simple, and you're probably right. However, I try and keep in mind whenever I'm lost somewhere, the folks who engineered the navigational assistance for whatever mode of travel I'm utilizing, they made it so it was usable. I guess I'm just a few fries short of a happy meal...

No comments:

Post a Comment